Maintaining a healthy work/life balance starts with your mental health, physical health, and well-being. Finding this balance is critical to your success and enjoyment in your career. There are numerous resources available through WVU to help you along the way, whether you are a student, staff, or faculty. Below are a series of helpful services, programs, and resources available to the WVU community. Click on the hyperlinks to learn more!
- WELLWVU 2021 Resources Card
- WELLWVU issues a 'resources card' each year which offers a comprehensive guide of helpful services at WVU. The Office of Wellness and Health Promotion was formed with the purpose of delivering comprehensive wellness education to all WVU students. WELLWVU also provides various trainings for students, staff, and faculty.
- WVU Carruth Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
The Carruth Center is a multidisciplinary unit composed of social workers, psychologists, counselors, and graduate students in training who work collaboratively to address the psychological needs of students. Review the Orientation to Services and determine what course of action is best for you.
- WVU Campus Recreation
- WVU Campus Recreation serves the students, faculty/staff and community by supporting a culture of well-being. Our commitment to healthy living includes creating and promoting opportunities to be active. Check out the group fitness schedule, then register here to participate.
- Adventure WV
- Adventure WV has offerings including an outdoor recreation center, leadership training, and much, much more. They also provide gear rentals of bikes, climbing equipment, camping supplies (including tents and sleeping bags), and more.
- WVU Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
- The WVU Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) is a free service offered to employees and their dependents. FSAP is a confidential resource that provides professional staff and a safe place to sort through problems and determine the best resources available to address them. Services include mediation and trainings.
- WVU ADVANCE Center
- The ADVANCE Center is an academic hub that works with faculty, staff, and campus-wide leaders to disrupt institutional inequities and promote inclusive policies that sustain and grow a thriving culture and climate University-wide.
- Presentation: "Improving Work Life Satisfaction"
- This presentation was given by the Department's own Micky Holcomb in 2016. It is based on materials from a partnership between AWIS and the Elsevier Foundation.